pieces Medium-sized Bael (Woodapple)
tablespoons Powdered Jaggery
tablespoon Rock Salt
tablespoon Roasted and Powdered Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Break open the fruit using a pestle or if you are adventurous, strike it against the floor or a platform till it splits open.
- Scoop the pulp using a spoon and place in a large bowl.
- Pour a glass of water and using your palms gather and squish the pulp to separate the seeds and juice the pulp.
- Press the juice through a soup siever to strain the fibres and seeds from the thick pulp.
- Scoop the remaining pulp in the sieve into a vessel and add more water. Repeat the squishing process and strain until all that remains is the fiber.
- Add jaggery to the strained juice and season with salt and cumin powders as per taste.
- Run the juice in a mixer.
- Pour in tall glasses and serve.
More delicious cocktails